FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Propelling Michigan’s Food and Farm Businesses Forward: Apply for the 2023 Seed Awards!
Detroit, Mich. – December 4, 2023 – The Michigan Good Food Fund is excited to announce the call for applications for the 2023 Seed Awards, aimed at propelling Michigan-based food or farm businesses to the next level. This grant opportunity is a first for the lending network and is being led by a committee of Michigan Good Food Fund’s Stakeholder Board members – a diverse collective of 20+ people with deep roots in Michigan and a range of food industry careers.
Are you ready to take your food or farm business to the next level?
The 2023 Seed Awards seek to support Michigan-based food or farm businesses through seed (grant) funding, fostering growth and preparing them for financing opportunities. Applications from any food and farm business, especially from BIPOC and women-owned businesses, are encouraged to apply.
What We Offer:
Michigan Good Food Fund’s Stakeholder Board will be awarding 5-10 grants, ranging from $5,000 to $20,000, to businesses committed to supporting their communities by promoting racial equity, creating jobs, increasing healthy food access, and adopting resilient climate practices.
Interested businesses can apply by December 12, 2023, at 5 pm ET. The application process is straightforward:
- Provide a brief description of your business, including the name and location, communities served, and products or services offered.
- Indicate the specific amount requested (up to $20,000).
- Share the business owner’s name(s) and specify if the owner(s) identify as BIPOC and/or women.
- Provide a brief overview of your business status, such as customer base, revenue, storefront presence, and operational status (startup or established).
- Describe how you will utilize the requested funds, outlining how these resources will contribute to business growth, prepare for additional financing, and achieve your business goals.
A committee of Michigan Good Food Fund Stakeholder Board members will carefully review submissions based on the proposed use of funds and alignment with performance targets. Selected applicants will be notified by December 31, 2023.
# # #
MEDIA CONTACT: Andi Nank | email@example.com | 734.213.3999 x221
About Michigan Good Food Fund
Michigan Good Food Fund invests in food and farm entrepreneurs across the state, offering flexible financing and tailored business assistance that supports vibrant, equitable communities. We meet entrepreneurs where they are, connect them with what they need, and build long-term relationships that help their businesses thrive. As we work toward a more resilient, inclusive food industry, we focus on entrepreneurs whose access to power and capital has been historically limited because of their race, ethnicity, and/or gender. Our efforts are guided by the shared vision of our Stakeholder Board, a diverse group of entrepreneurs, farmers, funders, and policymakers with deep roots in Michigan.