Michigan Good Food Fund provided scholarships supporting six women to attend the Be Well Fabulous Black Woman tour in Michigan spring 2019. Provided by the MSU Center for Regional Food Systems, these women are leaders in their communities working to increase healthy food access. Recipients included:
- Markeisha Wesley, Eastern Market’s Detroit Kitchen Connect, Michigan State University
- Imani S. Foster, Keep Growing Detroit
- Micah Wilson, Gainin’ My Health & Good Cookin’
- Marilyn Barber, Earthworks Urban Farm
- Jerry Hebron, Oakland Ave Urban Farm
- Carroll Trowell, AfroJam
Learn more about the event series here.