Are you a food or farm business that increases access to healthy, local, and affordable food, drives economic development, and considers environmental sustainability?
Michigan Good Food Fund may be able to support you through a referral network, business coaching, and mini-grants!
Through collaborations with the City of Battle Creek, 2nd Muse, Battle Creek Unlimited, the MSU Product Center, and other local partners, the Michigan Good Food Fund is offering good food businesses in Battle Creek, Detroit, Flint, and Grand Rapids the opportunity to access food-business specific trainings and mini-grants to advance food safety and get retail ready.
After you apply, look for an email from Michigan Good Food Fund’s team to schedule a mission-fit call or meeting. Here are a few examples of training and services eligible for mini-grants:
- Food safety certification classes, Servsafe, HACCP, Better Process Control School
- Launching Your Commercial Food Business Training from the MSU Product Center
- MSU Product Center registration fee, $50 value
- Nutrition facts labels by the MSU Product Center
- Accounting & QuickBooks support