Learn from your peers! Across the country, food businesses of all types are quickly having to adapt to the impact of COVID-19 by exploring and implementing innovative solutions to survive and thrive. We want to elevate your ideas.
The Michigan Good Food Fund invites you to watch our peer-to-peer sessions, each focused on different sectors of food business.
Healthy Products Session
This session is geared toward natural, healthy product makers.
- Guest Co-Host: Jermale Eddie, owner of Malamiah Juice. A premiere juice bar in Grand Rapid, Mich., Malamiah Juice is committed to creating nutritious products that provide various access points to increase healthy living.
- Special Industry Guest: Phil Roos, CEO at Great Lakes Growth Works. As strategy and innovation consultants, Great Lakes Growth Works helps emerging brands with growth, strategy, and innovation.
Restaurant and Food Service Session
This session is geared toward restaurants, caterers, and other food service businesses.
- Guest Co-Host: Ederique Goudia. With over 20 years of experience in the food service industry, Ederique Goudia is the co-founder of In the Business of Food, a local food service consulting agency and co-owner of Gabriel Hall, an upcoming Creole restaurant in Detroit. She is also the program associate of FoodLab Detroit.
- Special Industry Guest: Real Food Hospitality, Strategy, & Design. A premier hospitality strategy and design firm, Real Food helps restaurant owners and operators to achieve industry-leading operations, focusing on developing strategies for the future that support the overall business vision and desired guest experience. To learn more, visit rfhsd.com.
Small Farmers Session
This session is geared toward small farm businesses.
- Guest Co-Host: Jerry Hebron, Executive Director of Oakland Avenue Urban Farm. A program of North End Christian Community Development Corporation dedicated to cultivating healthy foods, sustainable economies, and active cultural environments in Detroit.
- Special Industry Guest: Julia Shanks. As a food consultant and creator of The Farmer’s Office, Julia works with food and agricultural entrepreneurs to help them achieve and maintain financial sustainability
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Workshops page to learn about other business assistance opportunities.