Attention Michigan good food product makers and food service enterprises! Here is a chance to share your food business story, reach more customers, and drive sales.
The Michigan Good Food Fund, MSU Product Center, and Entre-SLAM have joined forces to teach you how to tell your food story, then share the magic behind your food to inspire and hopefully spark new customers and earn new lifelong fans.
We have three things we’ll do together:
- Help you craft your brand’s story. Whether you’re making a product seeking new sales channels or a restaurant pivoting to take-out or meal prep, we’ll help you craft a solid brand story.
- Help you create a demo video. Inspire customers in the uses of your product or the tasty dishes from your restaurant with a demo video that you can showcase on your website and social channels. Sharing your story can drive attention to your business = more sales for you!
- Provide a spotlight on your business. Our team will take your compelling demo video and share it statewide.
How it Works:
- Apply here by June 21 – We’ll select 10-20 food businesses to participate.
- Notification – We’ll notify selected businesses by June 26, 2020.
- Training – Selected enterprises will begin storytelling training on June 29, 2020.
- Get access to ‘It’s Go Time!’: A Brand Storytelling Builder Course’
- Receive one-on-one coaching from the Entre-SLAM team.
- Video Demo Creation – You’ll receive coaching on, recording assistance, and editing of your demo videos, delivered in a way that can be shared online.
What We Need from You:
All of us are on a mission: to increase access to affordable, healthy food across Michigan and especially in low-income and underserved neighborhoods. We have limited space in this program and preference will be given to product makers and food service enterprises that are also advancing racial and social equity, job creation, local sourcing or environmental stewardship. If you believe in the mission, we invite you to apply.
Is This Experience the Right Fit for You?
To find out if you are eligible to participate, can you answer ‘yes’ to these questions?
- My food is healthy and my business fits the mission of the Michigan Good Food Fund.
- I have someone in my home who can help video me.
- I can demonstrate how my product/food is served while live on video.
- I can commit to working with a coach and complete an online course in one week.
This training requires access to a computer and an Internet connection. We are committed to offering this business assistance to good food enterprises. If you would like support with participating, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.